A straight, bright smile is a confidence booster. Unfortunately, many people are hesitant to freely grin due to misaligned teeth. Braces used to be the only way to get straighter pearly whites. But with modern dental advances, there is a quicker way to a flawless smile: veneers! This cosmetic treatment can fix a wide array of aesthetic issues and leave you with a more uniform smile. Continue reading to learn if veneers could be the solution you’ve been hoping for.
Veneers are a cosmetic dental treatment that uses ultra-thin, durable shells made from porcelain. They’re bonded to the front-facing portions of teeth with dental-grade adhesive, improving your smile by concealing flaws and imperfections from view. Since the material can be color-matched to surrounding teeth, the results are seamless and natural-looking – no one will even notice they’re veneers! By maintaining a good oral hygiene routine, you can expect your new grin to last over a decade.
How Can They Instantly Correct Misalignment?
Veneers can transform your smile in as little as two appointments! They have even been coined the nickname “instant orthodontics”. They can conceal a wide range of orthodontic issues, from mild to moderate. With veneers, you can achieve a straighter smile without ever needing brackets, wires, or aligner trays. In fact, your pearly whites will never change positions – the veneers will simply be placed over them to correct the misalignment.
Here’s how the process works:
- During your initial appointment, your dentist will prepare the teeth for veneer placement. A thin layer of enamel (no more than half a millimeter!) is removed to ensure the shells will fit flush against the teeth. Then, molds and impressions are taken to fabricate your future pearly whites. You will wear a set of temporary veneers that will be very similar to your permanent ones while you wait for the final placement.
- After your first visit, you will return to your dental office once the veneers have been created. Your dentist will test how they fit before permanently bonding them to the teeth. After being placed, you can leave the clinic with a flawless new grin!
The Benefits of Instant Orthodontics
You can expect to reap many benefits from your new smile, including:
- Completing treatment in much less time than with traditional orthodontic treatment
- Straightening your teeth without the need for uncomfortable metal wires and brackets
- No dietary restrictions
- Additional cosmetic issues can be addressed, such as discoloration, staining, chips, cracks, and fractures
Complicated orthodontic treatments are no longer the only solution to fix your crooked teeth. Thanks to veneers, you can easily make the smile of your dreams a reality in just a few appointments!
About the Author
Dr. Hasan Yap and his team at Island City Dental keep the smiles of Wilton Manors beautiful and healthy! He earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery from the Universidad de Panama and served as Chief Resident at NOVA Southeastern University, where one of his main focuses was cosmetic dentistry. With over two decades of experience, Dr. Yap provides high-quality dental services and treatments, such as veneers. To schedule a consultation, contact him through his website or call (954) 564-7121.